What better way to celebrate the start of fall then with something that seems to combine all the quintessential fall flavors:
Pumpkin, Apple, and Cinnamon.
And why not make them slightly healthy while you’re at it?
I don’t pretend to be a good baker, I’m still learning the basics and the first try isn’t always a successful one. In fact, I often look like this after baking…. BUT, the point is, I’m learning 🙂
Lesson of the month: Fold your muffins, Dangit!!!I just couldn’t pinpoint what it was that needed improvement when I first made these, but my friend Anna came to the rescue. Fluffiness is the key to excellent muffins. Instead of fully mixing all the ingredients together, you perform a careful folding action with your spatula, this makes the muffins have that light, airy, fluffy texture. This part…I forgot.
I took the basic recipe below and substituted/added the following:
- Fresh Apples (use whatever apples you like best for baking)
- Soy Milk instead of Regular Milk
- Egg Beaters instead of real eggs (recommended 1/3 cup for 1 egg)
- Added extra cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of pumpkin spice
- Used 1/2 cup sugar and a splash of agave