Healthy and cookie-dough in the same sentence? “Lies,” you scream!
Lovers of cookie dough, listen up real good now, because this is one awesome alternative to late night cravings and shameless binging. If you’re like me, you may repeatedly buy large rolls of break and bake and never end up actually baking any cookies. You, too, know that cookie dough offers a different kind of satisfaction than a freshly baked cookie. It’s raw, chewy, crunchy, sweet, and cold.
Although this recipe may not taste just like your favorite break and bake, it is definitely satisfying and delicious! I’ve had four tasty balls while writing the last paragraph. And yes, that’s what she said. The best part about these treats is that they actually are healthy! Nuts, grains, protein, fiber, you name it. Substitute any of the ingredients for organic options such as raw oats or agave nectar and you’re a full blown saint.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and put my own spin on it, adding some crunchy peanut butter to the mix. I love me some chocolate and peanut butter, mmm yessir! The original recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough goodness can be found at A Dash of Compassion.
And now presenting…
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup oat flakes (I use Bobs Red Mill)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tblsp Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 tblsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tblsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- In any type of food processor (I use the Magic Bullet blender), chop up the walnuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt to a fine pulp.
- Add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract and pulse to mix in.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Form the dough into small round balls and throw in the freezer!